31st Annual Symposium
February 27 @ 6:00 pm - February 28 @ 4:30 pm
Registration Now open! Click Here to Register
Thursday, February 27, 2020: 6:00pm – 8:30pm: Please join Northern Ohio IDA as we celebrate our 31st year as a branch. This networking event begin with a heavy hors d’oeuvres dinner hour. Nancy Cushen White will open the evening with a presentation: Stuctured Literacy and the Potential Impact on School Districts. Her presentation will be followed by a panel discussion of Ohio administrators, educators, and experts led by moderator Jennifer LaHaie of Neuhaus Education Center. The discussion will be a candid conversation about how to utilize existing evidence based research to implement dyslexia screening, teacher training, and instructional support at state, district, and school levels. Panelists include:
- Dr. David Brobeck, Associate Professor, Walsh University
- LaMonica Davis, Principal, Helen Arnold Elementary, Akron Schools
- Michelle Elia, Ohio Literacy Lead, ODE
- Holly Robertz, Dyslexia Coordinator, Olentangy Schools
- Dr. Nancy Cushen White, Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, University of California at San Francisco
We would be delighted if you would join us for this unprecedented discussion with leaders in the field of Structured Literacy and Dyslexia.Great event for school administrators and school board members, policymakers, legislators, and other elected officials, and anyone wanting to improve literacy rates for all.
Friday, February 28, 2020 8:30am – 4:30pm: The all-day conference is appropriate for anyone looking for further in-depth understanding of struggling readers and the types of support and instruction all students need to be successful:
- teachers and special education professionals of all grade levels
- reading intervention specialists
- ESL teachers
- speech language pathologists
- anyone who works with struggling readers of all ages
Registration opens at 7:45am to include continental breakfast and exhibitors.
GRADUATE CREDIT OPPORTUNITY through Notre Dame College. This is an independent offering. Click here for further information and course registration.