Apply to Become a Board Member
The Northern Ohio International Dyslexia Association is a “working” board of directors whose mission is “…to offer hope, education, and the opportunity for personal success to people with dyslexia and those who interact with them.”
We are an active and passionate, all-volunteer board who strive to meet our community’s needs in understanding dyslexia and the appropriate remediation and accommodations all struggling readers need to acquire the literacy skills needed to become successful and productive members of society.
Expectation for Board members are as follows:
- Attendance to ALL quarterly board meetings (generally held at the Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio)
- Attendance and participation at the annual symposium (typically end of February)
- Participation and contributions to committee(s) of choice
- Three (3) year term commitment
To meet the needs of our board for 2021-2024, competitive preference will be given to candidates with experience in one of more of the following areas:
- Social Media
Please submit the following:
- the below online application form
- attach a current resume (.pdf format)
- attach a letter of reference, ideally from the person who referred you to our Board, if applicable (.pdf format)
- Please complete the application questions, provide explanations when possible, and submit the online application form, your resume and letter(s) of recommendation by August 15, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified before the end of the year.
By completing this online board member application, you give your permission to have your name placed into consideration for nomination for the Northern Ohio International Dyslexia Association’s Board of Directors. If you are not selected at this time, your name will stay on a resource list for three (3) years.
The board would like to thank you for your interest and willingness to serve.
Share this page with your friends…