“Walk in the Shoes” Dyslexia Simulation
How does it feel to be an individual with dyslexia? Through a series of simulations, participants will experience the challenges individuals with dyslexia confront when performing language-related tasks. This hands-on workshop is designed to improve understanding and encourage the use of effective teaching techniques and accommodations.
IDA Northern Ohio will provide:
- 2-hour dyslexia simulation workshop
- Facilitators to guide participants through a series of simulation stations
- Supplies and materials
Host/client organization is responsible for:
- Tables and chairs
- Event publicity/advertising
- Pre-registration of attendees
- Attendee sign-in at the event
- Drinks or refreshments (if desired)
IDA Northern Ohio facilitators will need access to the location for setup at least 60 minutes prior to the event.
- Up to 80 participants (6 stations): $1,200
- Up to 160 participants (12 stations): $1,800
- No deposit required
- Signed contract or purchase order required to schedule the simulation
- Check or credit card accepted
- Full payment due within 30 days after the event
At least 7 days notice must be given to cancel the event. Cancellation occurring less than 7 days prior to the event may result in a cancellation fee.
If you are interested in arranging a simulation in your school or community, please fill out the form below.
Share this page with your friends…